Sunday, December 11, 2011

My New Alter-Ego, Professor


Thanks to graphicshunt.com for the image.

Starting January 2012, I will have another role added to my current persona. Other then being a wife, mother, daughter (in-law), sister (in-law), niece, grand-daughter, aunt, cousin, subordinate, officemate and friend, I will be a teacher.

I remember when I was in high school, I entertained the thought of being a teacher but for the life of me, I can't recall why I did not consider it as a career option.I just thought about it seriously after earning my MBA degree last year and credit goes to my Strategic Management professor, Mr. Elfren Cruz for sowing the idea into my brain. You see, I helped him check papers of his STRAMA students and helping them sort through pages and pages of theories for the appropriate strategy. I thoroughly enjoyed that exercise and even returned the next term to help him again.

It also helps that according to Strengths-finder, my primary strength is "Learner", meaning I thrive in an environment where I am constantly learning. Where else will I continue to learn but in school and as a teacher at that?

I will be a replacement professor as the current teacher has to go on leave due to her sensitive pregnancy. I was supposed to start last June but since I had to leave for the US, it did not work out. I'm so glad that they called me back to ask for my availability. I might continue this up to next term and hope that this would inspire me to put the zing back in my work.

My students will be third year college students studying for their Bachelors degree in Business Management. Hopefully, I will be able to impart all that I can to them and will make the learning experience as fun as possible.

Wish me luck!

No comments: