Friday, October 19, 2007

It's an Explosion! (my love for you)

My officemate and I had lunch at RCBC today. As we both had errands to run, we went out early and were back in the office by 1230. Quite early for a Friday where almost everyone in the office goes out for lunch.

Around 130 in the afternoon, I heard and saw fire trucks and ambulances careening down Ayala Avenue (the plus on having a window seat). A few minutes after, news filtered in that there was an explosion at Glorietta. Everyone first thought that it was a bomb and later on become an LPG tank explosion. It was later on that it was FINALLY confirmed to be a bomb.

Everyone got all excited and momentarily left their seats while gossiping on the number of body count and guessing which restaurant was hit. People were on the phones trying to get some news from the outside world.

I'm so thankful that I did not decide to go to Glorietta today. Glorietta 2 is where I have my personalized stickers made and the shop is near the blast site. I just saw the pictures (c/o Yahoo News) and was shocked by what I saw. It just shows that anyone can go anytime. Better to be always prepared. Prepared not only financially but spiritually as well. 

If it wasn't for the Glorietta 2 signboard, I wouldn't know that it was Glorietta 2. The place was absolutely unrecognizable with all the debris of concrete and wooden planks. The ceiling was blown off and there's a large crater on the floor where the bomb probably exploded. Really horrific.

Looks like we won't be malling for awhile. Malls won't probably be as crowded as before and security tighter than ever. I can't believe that bomb managed to get through Ayala's tough security. We'll probably know more once the findings have been confirmed.

2 comments:

Rene David said...

There has been a total of 9 dead and 98 injured. It was a bomb that was placed near the storeroom area of a Chinese restaurant.

Norrie Blackeby said...

This is totally amazing! And to think that Glorietta is one of my favourite shopping malls in RP. Take care.