Thursday, October 18, 2007

What Now?

Before I moved in with Leo, I swore that I will blog everyday due to the ready internet access. However, that was not the case as you can see.

I get home almost 10pm everyday and it only leaves me enough time to take a shower and get ready for bed. If I have to be coherent the next day, I have to be asleep before 12 midnight.

Anyway, a lot of people have been asking me how's married life. Maybe I should start with that.

Well, I will give the answer that I give to everyone--it's ok. We're still not yet done tying some lose ends with regards to our wedding (photo album and wedding video) and fixing our rooms (our other room is full of our stuff. It's absolutely horrible to look at), but we're happy.

So what's next? A baby would be nice to make our family complete but it's not something that we REALLY REALLY want right now. If I get pregnant this year, then that's great! I feel that getting pregnant and having a baby would take all our time and effort and we haven't really given much with regards to that aspect. Maybe when we're done with our to-do list. But for sure, we would really want to have a baby.

Other than that, work has been keeping me busy. I still work 12 hour days and it's taxing me and because of that, I tend to eat more. I think I gained the weight Leo has lost these past two months. I should join him in his exercise and diet but I feel at it's going to kill me. I'm an emotional eater and I don't know how I will cope with the work-related stress that I'm exposed to right now.

On another note, Leo's going to march on Saturday and he will officially be an MBA graduate. Buti pa siya. I hope to return to school by January but next year will be another challenge at work. The department that I'm handling right now will be split into two with the big half going to another division--and I've been asked to go and lead that big half. This arrangement will be effective January 1, 2008. The thing is, my one-down will be getting married next year and he'll be gone for 3 weeks. Heading the department will take all my strength and wits so I don't know if I can go back to school. And I'm 200% sure that business will want to exceed their targets this year.

That is why I REALLY need to get my non-pro driver's license ASAP. I don't want to be held hostage by shuttle schedules and I can leave and go anytime I want. Shuttles are very convenient, yeah, but I don't like the waiting time--especially at night. There are times I would wait for 30-40 minutes for a shuttle to be full before it can leave. That's almost my whole travel time!

Leo picked me up from work today and miracles of miracles, he let me take the wheel when we entered the village. I really love automatics. Feels like I'm driving a bump car. Unfortunately, I think manual clutch is used for the driving test. I'll manage.

7 comments:

mommy cess said...

yung driving test, reverse lang. wala nang ibang move. lumang lumang owner. but that was years ago, ewan lang ngayon./
there was this woman during the test who gave lady drivers a bad name. ang tagal - tagal nya i-start, tapos nahihirapan siya magkambyo. nagtatawanan ang mga tao, parang tawanan sa sitcom. takot tuloy ako when it was my turn na. pero awa ng Diyos dali lang pala :) soyou can do it too!

congrats kay leo! bukas na pala.

agnes bonnie said...

i remember tuloy si myra..mas oks sya sa automatics. may time na di siya marunong magpark, tinawag ako, syempre, no idea ako sa automatics, muntik nako mabangga! hehehe, pareho kami ni ate thea, manual pa rin kami!

Rene David said...

Kayang kaya mo yan Shine. The thing is just relax when driving. Sanayan lang yan.

Norrie Blackeby said...

Sunshine, as a first time driver you shouldn't rely on automatics because you could control a car more by using a manual stick shift (that's my opinion anyway). However, having said that, the driving conditions in the Philippines is an absolute and total mayhem!!! So maybe you should stick to an automatic but alas you need to pass your driving test in a manual car. Also please have a consideration on the environment when you buy your first car--nothing too big for it to guzzle petrol. Driving is a chore for some and pleasure for others. Unfortunately I belong to the former. Regarding your hectic job, good luck! Line management is one of the hardest thing to do I found. Don't overstretch yourself but you know all that already. Enjoy the first blush of married life! :-)

jennie smith said...

Congrats to Leo! Been so busy, I've been lacking in my communication. Will strict time management work? Phone calls for me is a pain. It takes 30% of my time because of job applicants. I have standard answer. I have to program my phone to answer applicants. In your set up, maybe it is the constant meetings that takes a lot of your time and meetings that last for hours which maybe cut into 30 minutes with proper preparation from all sides. Next time, I'll share you a story about my first driving experience as well as how I learned to drive.

JC Sobejana said...

Shine, tama yan. you have to know your priroties. if you feel you still don't want to have kids and you still want to enjoy each other's company then go...they say that if its not your hearts' desire then the Lord will not give it to you. In our case Shine, I know the Lord will give us our hearts' desire soon because what we want is to have a house first then me passing the NCLEX exam and it will all come this Nov. After that, the baby will come. yehey!!!! Remember that the will of God will not take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

I remember Dabing told me when she's about to get her driver's license 2yrs ago, she was asked by the instructor if she brought her own car. Sabi naman nya "hindi po." So they just used the car that was available. Ayun kakaragkarag nga. What I'm trying to say is, you can bring your own car to the site and use that for your test. In that way...sanay ka na diba! Don't be scared because the Lord will always be there for your safety. Give it a try! Godd luck!

BJ David said...

yeba