Sunday, October 28, 2007

To confess or not to confess

You accidentally met your childhood sweetheart that enabled the both of you to have an open communication again. Are you going to tell your husband/wife about it or you’ll just try to hide it because you feel it will only hurt your partner?

Well, I don't have a childhood sweetheart, but I do have an old flame who is based in the US and recently contacted me. In fact, he sent me an email message a day before my wedding saying hi and congratulating me! A week after my wedding, he said further that he asked to be reassigned here in the Philippines!

I went cold all over when I read his yahoo message. I even showed it to my hubby.He was pretty quiet about it but if my ex suddenly gets reassigned here and asks me out for lunch, I'll bring my hubby. Hehe.

Besides, my hubby did the same thing before. At that time, Leo and I were a new couple when his ex-girlfriend called him out of the blue. He immediately called me after he spoke with her and told me about it. I was very touched when he did that. He didn't have to but he still did.

4 comments:

mommy cess said...

na-realize ko lang na when we say childhood sweetheart, we (or rather most of us) immediately think of grade school or high school.
i suggest i-define ang childhood as the time when we were not very much knowledgeable, smart, about things, therefore walang definite time frame like when we were 12?
anywaaaay,...
i'm glad you chose to tell leo. and im glad leo was honest about his conversation with his ex. im sure wala namang dapat ipag-alala, pero mabuti nang malinaw diba? :)
i miss you sister! regards to leo!

Joelle Horca said...

We went to the extreme -- added the first bday of the son M's ex-girlfriend at Highlands. Siyempre, kami medyo dense. It was also little later that we realized how weird it must have been for the husband.

The whole issue of ex-es has never really been an issue for me personally. I know that he would be hard pressed to find someone, past or present, who could possibly take my place. Ack... that soundn't a bit off... but there you go. =) Btw, that's reciprocal. My eye may still wander a little to the right or left at the eye candy but that's as far as it goes.

That being said, it's not that ex-es that I'm worried about. It's the danger of complacency and the search for something exciting and new.

Joelle Horca said...

BTW... is this old flame who I think it is? Post-office ruby? =)

Sunshine Sangalang said...

harhar. yes, same old flame.