Thursday, November 01, 2007

Nightmare on B Street

It's quite apt that I experience my first nightmare here at my new home on Halloween.

The dream started off innocent enough. I visited a friend (I can't remember who) at her office. While there, I kept trying to talk to people but they can't seem to hear me. Finally, she went off to lunch.

While waiting for her, I spoke with people who could hear me. It somehow dawned on me that I'm dead and it was something like out of Sixth Sense. When I figured that out, I dreamed that I woke up and I was back in our room. I got up and went to the bathroom to pee. But I was still hearing people who were supposedly dead. I tried running out of the bathroom but the door suddenly disappeared. I was trapped inside a yellow room and I couldn't find the door.

Finally, I was able to yank the door open and I ran to our bed. I tried to wake Leo but he couldn't hear me because I'm supposedly dead. Thankfully, this was the time I woke up.

I nudged Leo awake and started crying when he woke up as well. He hugged me and I brokenly told him about my nightmare. He held me for a few moments and when he said he wanted to go to the bathroom, I couldn't let go of him. My bladder was bursting as well so I let him go with me tagging along. He wanted to go to the other bathroom when I said I'm going too but I started crying again.I didn't want him to go anywhere. So he waited for me to do my business and when I was done, I waited for him as well.To think it was already daylight.

Now that I have eaten breakfast, taken a bath, drank my vitamins, I couldn't believe I was that distraught and needy. I hate these kind of nightmares. Morpheus, in Neil Gaiman's Sandman series calls it the "Eternal Waking" (In Vol. 1 of the series, Morpheus sentenced Alex Burgess, the son of his captor, to this punishment. Alex keeps on waking up to nightmares and people in the real world can't wake him up).

Anyway, we're just waiting for my in-laws to get ready. We're leaving for Pampanga in a few minutes to visit the tombs of Leo's paternal grandparents. Tomorrow, we're visiting the ashes of my paternal grandparents in Makati. We already visited our maternal grandfather's tomb last weekend. It's quite an improvement compared to last year's.

2 comments:

Norrie Blackeby said...

It's a dream attributed to stress Sunshine. Our dreams are sometimes a reflection of our anxieties. I often dream of entering a lift then when the doors close I become weightless and I lose control of everything. I saw the movie sixth sense and I could understand why it upset you.

Nonie David Carluen said...

I am so tempted to give you the interpretation according to my "bible".