Sunday, November 04, 2007

Iron Chef

I've cooked some dishes the past few weeks. I cooked pumpkin soup last week as well as a potato croquettes. Both were yummy although the pumpkin soup was too thick. It could use some croutons though. But it was absolutely delicious!

Today, I cooked pancit molo. I badgered my mom's friend who's now based in Ireland months about it. Ever since I tasted her Molo years and years ago, I asked her to teach me how to cook it. It was absolutely delicious!

Her daughter finally sent me the recipe a couple of months ago and it was only today that I was able to cook it. I taste-tested it after I cooked it, it tasted absolutely the same! I'm so happy I managed to get the right taste.

9 comments:

Nonie David Carluen said...

looks yummy indeed. so did you do this from scratch?

MommyBa YaYaBa said...

That's cool!!! maybe you could share the recipe with me too *wink* I love pancit molo :)

Sunshine Sangalang said...

the recipe's quite simple. get 1k ground pork, 1/4 k diced chicken, 1/4 k diced shrimp, 1 onion, 1 egg, salt and pepper, and mix them all together. let it sit in the ref for an hour and then put them in molo wrappings.
for the soup, saute 1 pc onion, if you shelled the shrimp, mash the shells and the heads and pour the juice on the sauted onions. afterwards, pour chicken stock and let it boil. turn the fire low and put in the dumplings, some sliced molo wrappings and some chicken meat (from the chicken stock). put in chicken cubes as well. use salt and pepper to season to taste.
some people put water chestnut in the dumplings for some crunch. you can actually add more onions if you want.
when serving, put some spring onions and toasted garlic on the side. in my family's case, we put evap milk in the soup. it tastes absolutely yummy!!!
for this one, i made the whole thing by myself. i'm so proud :) although i can't get rid of the onion, garlic and shrimp smell on my hands. ewwww.

Ivy Tan said...

oh my i do not even know what pancit molo is.......but this one looks yummy. grabe!!! domesticated ka na talaga

mommy cess said...

ipagluto mo na lang ako :D i love molo soup too.

Rene David said...

When can I taste kaya your cooking? It will be a "first" for Daddy! Galing talaga ng anak ko!

Norrie Blackeby said...

This sounds very nice indeed sunshine. I'd probably add a bit of fried garlic as topping. Yum!

Sunshine Sangalang said...

actually yeah. may fried garlic rin siya and onion springs as toppings. :)

JC Sobejana said...

naku magluluto din ako nyan....add ko yan sa recipe ko. hehehehe! thanks for the recipe.