Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mommy Elvie's Problematic Show


The show is a spin-off from the Misadventures of Maverick and Ariel. Mommy Elvie is Ariel's mom. The premise of the show is that Mommy Elvie wants to be famous before she turns 80. I saw an advertisement of this show months before but I keep on forgetting to catch it on TV. A few weeks ago, an officemate shared that he managed to catch an episode and it was so hilarious. I resolved that I'll try to catch it whenever I can.

Good thing I came home early today and while channel surfing after Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition (I love Yayo Aguila so sue me), I chanced upon the show at ABC5.

I did not know how the spisode started but by the time I tuned in, Ariel was interviewing Long Mejia in his home at Bulacan. Apparently, Long ran for councilor in the recent elections but he lost. After the interview, Long asked if he could hitch a ride back to Manila.

Next scene shows Mommy Elvie trying to wake up Ariel and she mistakenly thought Long to be a girl. It's hilarious the way she trades puns with her son and with Long (when he finally woke up). I fell off my chair laughing. I could feel the laugh all the way up to my head. That's how funny the show was. Especially when Ariel told his mom that Long will be staying with them for a month. Her facial expressions were priceless.

Anyway, try to catch the show if you can. 10pm Tuesdays at ABC5.

2 comments:

Ivy Tan said...

yayo aguila is in pbb???.............sino sino pa??
hay no to local shows talaga ko

Sunshine Sangalang said...

yung kilala ko lang iba ay si baron geisler and si ethel booba. don't know the others na. mariel rodriguez is also there as a guest housemate as well as toni gonzaga (although she was let out of kuya's house last weekend).