Sunday, November 11, 2007

Unleashing Your Personal Potential

On Nov. 8 and 9, I attended a seminar given by the company about unleashing one's personal potential. It was more of a personal development seminar rather than something that had to do with the business--which I really appreciated.

It was really more of discovering myself and finding out what I want to do with my life rather than finding out what to do with the company. A favourite activity that we did was to list down the things that we all want to do but never got around to doing so. Here is what I wrote down:

1. Cook and bake more - which I'm actually doing now. I cooked another pot of pancit molo yesterday morning and Leo bought me some baking equipment today.
2. Go to ALL amusement parks in the US - this has always been my frustration. The last time I was in the US, I was 11 years old and the primary reason why I went there was to go to Disneyland. But for reasons which I can't remember now, I was not able to go and the nearest thing to Disneyland that I managed to go to was Universal Studios. Hopefully, Leo and I would be able to go there soon so I can fulfill this dream.
3. Visit all the 7 wonders - I think there's more than 7 now. Hopefully I'll be able to do this before I die.
4. Have twins - being a twin myself, I want to have twins as well. According to people, chances that I will have one will be quite big but I do believe it skips a generation. But well, I'll still keep my hopes up.
5. Watch/Compete in Iron Chef - I'm only a mediocre cook that's why I love Iron Chef so much. Heck, I love watching cooking shows and watching two cooks going against each other makes me love cooking more.
6. Go to cooking school - One of my groupmates is a frustrated cook like me. He actually went as far as to inquire tuition for the cooking school of Benilde (horribly expensive). He cooks for his own pleasure anyway.
7. Visit my mom and sister in the US - This would hopefully push through soon. We have plans and we pray that this one would push through.
8. Be a house/car owner - I never did place much value on acquiring these things. But now that I'm married and would hopefully soon have a family, we want to own those things as a form of security for our future children.
9. Visit old churches and places full of history - When I was choosing a major in college, I actually ticked "History" as a second choice. I've always been fascinated with old places. If the walls could just talk, they could give me unbiased stories on how the past was like.
10. Go back to school - I'm 2 subjects short (excluding the Oral Comprehensive Exam) in attaining my MBA degree. Leo already graduated three weeks ago. I'm planning to return next term.
11. Get an eye laser surgery - My eyesight is fast deteriorating. In my last check-up, I'm already at 5.00/4.50. I'm halfway to being blind. Not surprising as I'm in front of the computer the whole day. Just last week, I switched the resolution of my screen to make the letters and icons larger than it was.
12. Lose weight - After the wedding, I binged on food. I ate after depriving myself for the past year. However, I'm fast returning to my old size last year. Probably after the Christmas season. I won't dare go on a diet during Christmas. I'll be very depressed.
13. Own a grocery or bookstore - Ever since I was a kid, those two have been my dream/s. I remember playing tinda-tindahan with my siblings. My aunt also owns a sari-sari store in Tondo and I loved spending time there when we were there during the fiesta. As for the bookstore, I'm on my way there. with hubby - I think this would be in conjunction with #9.
14. Road trip - Unfortunately, hubby does not like driving much. I guess I really do need to learn how to drive so I can do the driving.
15. Go to Disneylands around the world - What can I say? it's the child in me. I love amusement parks.

Incidentally, I had a haircut this morning. It was the haircut that I had when I was in first year high school! Hah! I look like a boy. At least my husband still has shorter hair than me. Harharhar!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I should write something similar to this soon to put me in the right perspective of things.

I enjoyed reading your post :) thanks for sharing your plans with us. and i hope you'll be able to do all that in time.

*hugs*