Friday, November 02, 2007

Road Trips

We went to Pampanga yesterday to visit the tombs of my father-in-law's parents and brother. First time I've been to full cemetery for quite a long time. For the past years, my relatives and I avoid the November 1 crowd by either visiting before or after All Saints/Souls Day.

We left Manila around 10am. We met up with the family of Leo's sister over at Filinvest so we could ride with them comfortably (nice Fortuner). There was a traffic build-up over at SM City North EDSA all the way to the Balintawak tollway. Even saw a couple of drivers who were arguing. One even was supposed to get out of the car. Scary.

We had lunch at Teriyaki Boy over at SM Pampanga (yep, we went all to way to Pampanga just to eat at Teriyaki Boy) and was at the cemetery by 230pm. We stayed there for a couple of hours. By the time we were on our way home, daylight was gone.

We had dinner over at one of the highway stopovers. We rode with Leo's parents on the way back. Noticed that my father-in-law has one of those portable dvds. We watched Lea Salonga's broadway concert on the way back.

I'm getting ready for our trip today. We're visiting my dad this morning and have lunch with him. We'll also visit my paternal grandparents' ashes. After that, we're going to Tagaytay to spend the weekend there again with Leo's family.

I'll post pictures when we get back.

1 comment:

Norrie Blackeby said...

Sounds like fun to me. I like Teriyaki Boy---good japanese fast food.