Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Pet Peeves

I've been longing to write this piece for quite a long time. But I never could seem to find the time. Moreover being the professional commuter that I am.I seem to find something irritating everyday. Leo told me that once I learn how to drive, these pet peeves will change to something driving-related. In the meantime, let me share my pet peeves.

1. People who makes the shuttle an extension of their dining room
I take public transportation going to work and going home. It irritates me to no end if the person seating beside me decides to eat breakfast or dinner inside the vehicle. My head aches and my stomach rumbles whenever I smell Jollibee french fries and burger. There was a time I even smelled Jollibee burger steak!

2. People who shares their private their conversions in the shuttle
Going to work in the morning, I try catch some shuteye in the shuttle. However, there have been some instances wherein there are people who converse at the top of their voices, either with their companion or someone on the cell. I reluctantly learn about their health problems, love problems, work woes and their schedule for the day.

3. Cigarette smoke
Fortunately, I haven't ridden a shuttle where people smoke inside the vehicle. However, I've had the misfortune to be seated beside a person who just came in after finishing what smells like a whole pack of cigarettes. I had to cover my nose throughout the whole trip.

4. Uncomfortable shuttle seats
There are two kinds of shuttles that are being used for public transporation. The one wherein the seats are arranged vertically and another arranged horizantally. Equal comfortable seating can be attained if the seats are vertical i.e. against the sides of the shuttle. However, taking a nap can be quite difficult. As for the other type, sleeping is easier however, it can get rather cramped and it can be quite umcomfortable if the seat is not good. Note that sometimes, they try to seat 4 people when a row can only hold 3 comfortably.


No comments: