Sunday, September 23, 2007

Things to do

Gosh, I have SOOO many things to do. The late nights at work means that I only have the weekends to do all these things. However, weekends are also the only time that I can see and spend time with my husband. There's only one week left from September and the means I have to have them done soon.

1. Thank You Cards
    Etiquette says that thank you cards should be sent one month the most to people who gave gifts or attended the wedding. I haven't barely started on them. I managed to list down the stuff that people gave so at least it gives me an idea on what to write. I don't know why I'm making it difficult for myself by insisting that I handwrite all of them. But well, it is what etiquette dictates and being the sucker that I am, it's what I'm now doing.

2. Fix the 2nd Room
    We have a second room where we're supposed to put our other stuff and my books. Somebody gave us some bookshelves and we have to put them up. Then I have to get the books from Banzon and store them here.

3. Choose Pictures for Wedding Album and Video
    We were given a guide to choose pictures for our albums. We still have to go through all our pictures (hundreds of them!) and chose what we want to appear in our album. Such a difficult thing to do when all the pictures are exceptional!

4. Sort our gifts
    As 90% of our gifts are kitchenware, we can't use all of them so we're storing them away for future use. We've already allocated the cabinets for them. I just need to write everything down and catalogue them for easy retrieval in the future. Who knows when the 3 sets of pyrex plates will come in handy.

5. Store away our wedding stuff
    I've already managed to send my wedding gown out for dry cleaning. I just need to store away the rest (unused invitations, petals from my bouquet, wedding horseshoe etc). I need to find a nice storage box where I can put all these things. Some sort of memoir box.

6. Do our Christmas shopping
    Actually, we've started this already. I'm so happy over the stuff that we've already bought. Bazaars over at St. James are already done every week so it's easy to buy stuff.

2 comments:

Nonie David Carluen said...

and you thought after the wedding you could finally take it easy. hehehe. welcome to the real world.

Norrie Blackeby said...

Look at it this way, at least you do not have to clean the whole house, do food shopping, laundry, gardening...the list goes on. You have the nice "chores"! Enjoy while it lasts.