Saturday, January 05, 2008

A New Year

Ever since I started my blogsite, I made it a habit of writing down my Personal Projects for the year and posting it on the sidebar. It's a permanent reminder for me on what I would want to do for the year. So far, it helped.

Last year, I managed to mark out 6 out of the 10 items noted down. Not bad. A 60% achievement rate is more than what I've expected. Considering last year was the worst, yet best year of my life.

Worst because I hit rock bottom with my worklife. I never realized I could feel that way with my work. I finally found my way out and have moved on. As the saying goes, when you've hit rock bottom, there's no way to go but up.

My paternal grandparents also passed away, four months away from each other. I also visited funeral parlors to pay my respects and condole with different families almost every other month. That's a record for me considering in the past, it's already an anomaly if I visit a wake more than once a year.

I also had a major operation wherein they had to take out my swollen appendix. The cost of the operation alone is enough to buy a second hand car (to think I only stayed for a day).

All those things were put aside though by one life changing event that happened this year on September 1--I got married to the man I love. A lot of friends also got pregnant and gave birth. Together with the deaths comes the baby boom. The circle of life in full effect.

Work-wise, I returned to my old unit where it began to feel like home. I moved on and hopefully, I've learned my lesson.

Hopefully 2008 will be better than 2007. I'm beginning to feel hopeful.

No comments: