I took the Strengths Finder test online. I've wanted to take this test for the longest time so I went ahead and brought the book for the online key.
I do agree with the results, although the 4th one is something that I had to read on to find out what it's all about. Anyway, here are my Top 5 Strengths:
1. Learner - People who are especially talented in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
2. Harmony - People who are especially talented in the Harmony theme look for consensus. They don't enjoy conflict; rather, they seek areas of agreement.
3. Responsibility - People who are especially talented in the Responsibility theme take psychological ownership of what they say will do. They are committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty.
4. Input - People who are especially talented in the Input theme have a craving to know more. Often they like to collect and archive all kinds of information.
5. Consistency - People who are especially talented in the Consistency theme are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. They try to treat everyone in the world with consistency by setting up clear rules and adhering to them.
Now that I know what I'm good at, I'm looking forward to improving them and focusing on them to help me with my work and with my family.
I laughed though when I read about Input as I truly agree with it. I have this tendency to absorb useless information but it suddenly pops up in my head when I need it. Case in point, recent Christmas party where I joined a charades game. I read early in the week about the entries of the upcoming Manila Filmfest and it was one of the charades topics. My officemates were surprised that I know the movies when I don't intend or did not even watch them. They just popped out of my head.