Saturday, August 02, 2008

When the Stress Comes

I woke up 430 this morning trying to sort a work related problem out in my mind. It does not help that I've been really tired for the past couple of days and waking up this early in the morning does not help.

I really need to learn to turn my mind off about work once I enter the door of our house/room. I guess it has become a habit for me to bring the work home that I'm barely getting rest worrying. Good thing it's a Saturday today at least I can catch up on my sleep later on.

2010 is such a looooooong way to go. :(

5 comments:

Nonie David Carluen said...

what is happening in 2010?

Nonie David Carluen said...

yes you should do this before your work takes over your life. remember you work to live - not the other way around. what is happening in 2010?

Sunshine Sangalang said...

my target is to resign by 2010. by that time, i'll be 10 years with the bank and i'm entitled to some retirement pay. then i'll go to work for a local bank or the central bank where life is more slow-paced than what i'm used to right now.

Norrie Blackeby said...

Try listening to zen meditation music. I do that every night now and it does work. Your future plans do sound good and the Central Bank could be the place for you (with references from Leo's Dad eh?) However, you have a strict work ethic so wherever you do you'd worry about somethingat work--trust me. Now relax.

Nonie David Carluen said...

the banking sector does this to you - i mean burn you out. yep there is a much better life after you have served your sentence and having a solid banking experience does open up opportunities. did i mention to you that i did some casual work for the reserve bank for nearly 3 years after i left anz? what a coincidence that you are thinking of working for the central bank too.