Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 4 - Mass and Tinton Falls

I remember attending mass at a Catholic church the first time I was in the US almost 20 years ago. It was still a nice surprise when I attended mass again at the local church at East Brunswick where my cousin is an active member of YFC. I think it was the St. Bartholomew Church and the mass was at 12 noon sharp.

First of all, I liked the mass guides and song books that they have on each aisle. I was especially enchanted by the organ. I haven't seen one up close. I managed to take a short video while it was being played.



He was only accompanied by a soprano singer who sang all the songs. It was also interesting that the whole congregation really participated during the whole mass. I wish the people back home are as fervent in their worship during mass as the people here.

After mass, we went back to my aunt's house as East Brunswick. She and her friend, Tita Mona, took us to Jershey Shore Tinton Falls where we went more outlet shopping.



It was there that I finally bought a Kate Spade bag. I've always wanted to own one ever since I saw one at Rustan's. I managed to find one at the outlet store there that was more than $100 off the original price.



After buying more stuff, my aunt invited us to go to Marshall's for more shopping. Leo and I were still jet lagged so we just sat down after buying a few stuff while we waited for Tita Flor and Tita Mona to finish.

I managed to doze off at the drive back (I think it took us an hour and a half). We had dinner at Olive Gardens where we mostly had pasta. Then after getting our stuff at East Brunswick, we went back to my sister at Avenel where we spent the night.

No comments: