Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012 Recap

I have neglected this blog for too long. I initially thought that I will surpass my posts this year as I started off rather strong but it tapered off in the end. I was horribly busy with my new job and teaching at the same time. Good thing I took the term off this semester. Else, I will be running in fumes.

The changes that happened to me this year are not for the fainthearted. I joined a different employer and not only that, I took up teaching. Health-wise, I'm back to wearing glasses because my eyes got irritated with the dust at work due to the construction. We also marked our 5th year wedding anniversary with an overnight stay at the Penn.

For our trip this year, we went to Bohol and it was Basti's first plane ride. That was a fun, albeit expensive, trip. It was worth seeing the joy in my son's eyes and bonding with him for three days.

Back to my new work: It's still in the financial services industry (aka banking. I don't dare use banking as according to my STRAMA teacher, banking is not an industry) but not as big as my previous employer. My new job lets me utilize my MBA degree as I'm handling a department once again and within credit operations at that. There are days that I'm actually having fun. With 52 employees under my purview, it can be quite challenging but I'm enjoying the ride. I have four capable team leaders who are miracle workers as they make impossible things happen. I let them know what I want to happen and they make it so with little or no help from me. I have great plans for them and hopefully, they will all be realized. WHEN that happens, I would want to think that I had a small hand to it. That's us in the picture below in our recent Christmas party.


I actually don't know where 2013 will take me. Should other opportunities arise that should coincide with my core purpose then I will go where that path will bring me. I would want to think that I was able to accomplish what I set out to do at work and I'm quite happy with that.

Everything's not perfect though. I do have trials and challenges but as my favourite song goes, "What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise?" I believe that what I'm going through is part of God's plan for me. I just have to be steadfast and firm and believe in His grace and goodness.



Merry Christmas everyone. May the true spirit of Christmas dwell in our hearts throughout the whole year.

No comments: