Thursday, January 01, 2004

Bookworm

I know that I'm a bookworm but I think I went overboard this time around.

Allan introduced me to this addicting game thru his PDA. I remember we were at Intramuros Starbucks waiting for our friends from their wall-adventure and he took out his nifty PDA and showed me the game. I was instantly hooked! When it was time for us to go, I did not want to let go of the thing. I was only able to download a pc version of the game a couple of days ago. And I haven't slept properly ever since.

One game can go on and on until your library gets burned down by the glowing red letters. I've reached "thesaurian" status already (translated to around 400 thousand points and more), but much to my frustration, the copy that I downloaded has a trial period. So here I am, surfing for either a cracker or a cracked game.

Other than that, Lord of the Rings has been keeping me awake. I've also gotten addicted to the trilogy. Watching it again and again and treating my extended editions with tlc.

NEW YEAR

This is the most subdued New Year that I have ever had. Subdued in a sense that we don't have any celebration whatsoever. There are only 3 of us in the house and we were in our own rooms throughout the New Year. My dad and I were downstairs at the stroke of midnight, however, the smoke drove us indoors, not to mention the sudden loss of electricity.

We earlier had dinner at my grandparents' house in Makati. But we only stayed until 9 pm, afterwhich, we came home with us doing our own thing. me on the computer trying to find a Mbookworm cracker, my sister in her room sleeping and my dad tinkering in the garage. I wasn't able to cook anything tonight due to lack of time. I was in Batangas earlier in the day to visit my new inaanak. My brother and I got home around 10 pm which was too late to do the groceries. We decided to forgo the fireworks and media noche this time around. It's as if, we have no reason to celebrate. But then, we could only be lazy.

Nevertheless, here's greeting a Happy New Year to all. May this new year bring more joy, peace and happiness to all. God bless!

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS (NOT)

It's that time of year when you plan to make changes in your life yet year and year again, your life still remains the same. Therefore, I'm not going to make resolutions, instead, I'm going to plan projects.

So far, I have thought of two main projects (things to do) which I plan to do this year. First of all is to learn how to drive. It's really a big advantange for me to know how to drive a car. I have the freedom to go anywhere I like and I don't have to depend on my brother/dad to pick me up or whatever.

My second project is to finish cataloguing all my books. I'm creating a database of all my books and thinking of a nice way to file them (like a dewey decimal system). At estimate, I have around 500 or so books. That's why I dream of someday owning a house/apartment with one airconditioned room solely dedicated to my books. Right now, they're deteriorating because of the humidity and heat. I can't read my old books anymore because I end up coughing and sneezing whenever I open them.

No comments: