Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Surprise!!!

We'll be leaving for Pagudpod tonight (back pain or no back pain) but unfortunately, our departure coincides with Leo's birthday. To make up for my absence, I planned 3 surprises for him.

First was the impromptu one. We had dinner last Sunday night at Burgoo's Podium and I had the waiters sing him a birthday song. He was pleased as punch and a bit embarrassed when the waiters clustered around our table and sang their birthday ditty. The next one was I sent him a balloon teddy bear arrangement at his office which earned him a teasing from his VP and which he just shrugged aside. Last one was I threw a surprise party for him last night here at home led by my very gregarious relatives. None of our/my invited friends arrived but I'm somehow used to that already, or maybe they just forgot and I was too busy yesterday to follow-up. Anyway, it was the first time that I saw Leo blush, to the amusement of my aunts.

So much for that. I have another year to think of another memorable birthday celebration.

On a sad note, one of the people dear to me suffered a miscarriage a couple of weeks ago. It gave my family momentous grief and made my parents think twice of pushing through with some plans. All the while, we just thought that God may have another plan for them and maybe it is indeed the wrong time to have a baby. I prayed for the little soul and asked God to bless him/her.

No comments: