Sunday, April 04, 2004

Weekend of the Passion

Much have been said about "The Passion of the Christ" and I don't know if what I will say will be something new. But it's still my two cents worth.

I have low tolerance for gore and horror movies. In fact, I close or cover my eyes everytime there's gory violence or scary monsters in the big screen. Heck, I watched The Sixth Sense with my eyes covered half of the time! But with "The Passion..", I forced myself to watch the torture that Jesus was subjected to. The most difficult part to stomach was the scourging scene and the crucifixion. I was gripping my boyfriend's hand very tightly as the whips, rods and scourges were used on the Christ.

I was quiet and reflective when I left the theater. All I could say was, "I'm so glad that I'm a Christian," for I have a Savior who saved me from eternal damnation.

Today was as stressful as yesterday. Leo picked me up at 930 in the morning and we proceeded to another baptism. Then we went to Dencio's Fort to have lunch with my sister's boyfriend who's currently in town. Afterwards, Leo and I separated from the group and went to Megamall to do some preliminary shopping and to hear mass. I was so apologetic to my boyfriend since I told him that we'll be celebrating his birthday today. But I was so harassed since I still have to shop for our Pagudpod trip on Tuesday that I had to postpone it till next Sunday. Anyway, I had the waiters at Burgoo sing him a birthday song and I gave him my gift already. We'll be leaving for Pagudpod on Tuesday evening. I'm very excited about it actually, even if Leo won't be able to join us. It's the first time that I'll be going in a long roadtrip with my family. I hope that my health won't fail me though. My back has been aching for a week or so and it's showing no signs of letting up. I have a bad feeling that it could be UTI (I have a history of this). I need to have a check-up before we go to rule that out. One thing I would hate to happen is to get sick in the middle of the boondocks with no decent health care in sight. The memory of the last time I had this illness is still fresh in my mind and it can be indeed very scary. It's the fever and chills that scared me though.

Hopefully it's not that and just muscle pain.

No comments: