Thursday, September 14, 2006

Clean-Up!

As one of the intiatives of our CEO, a company wide clean-up is now ongoing with a deadline tomorrow. As people beating deadlines, our department of 3 people but with legacy files dating back to the late 90's and owned by people who are no longer connected with the company, we had a difficult time sorting through the files and determining which should be shredded, which should be sent offsite, and which can be filed or kept on our workstations. One mandate was that we can only keep a maximum of 3 comstak folders in our workstation and not much personal stuff on our desks. Well, we managed to clean everything up in 3 hours and we have a small mountain at the corner of our floor for shredding tomorrow.

I also had a talk with one of my bosses this afternoon (yes, I have two direct lines and BOTH are expatriates. I don't know if that's good or bad). We were talking about issues and he suddenly asked me what my priorities are. While I was ticking everything down, I had the sudden urge to cry. He then noted that I have so much stuff on my plate and he took some of the stuff that he asked me to do.

On a lighter note, my aunt arrived yesterday from England. It was really nice seeing her. As a welcome gift for her, Leo gave her flowers (hay, my boyfriend is so thoughtful!). She got me two really nifty gifts. One was a bridal horseshoe (apparently, it's a custom in England) and another thing was a small mosaic cross from Rome. Now, I have to figure out where I can put the horseshoe and to find a chain or ribbon for my mosaic cross.

2 comments:

rmacapobre said...

how was the engagement party? (what is an engagement party?). post some pictures ..

Blair Bitch said...

been soo busy with work...super trying to catch up reading your blog.....ask your tita what does the horseshoe symbolizes? nag enroll ka? lets meet up minsan naman =)