Monday, September 04, 2006

Wedding Expo Adventure

As part of our wedding preparations, Leo and I together with my dad, Tita Rosa, my high school barkada Kay and Atha, went to the Wedding Expo at PICC forum last Sunday. Our objective was to book our photographer/videographer or P/V (John Mateos Ong) and hair and make-up artist or HMUA (Jesy Alto). Another objective was to find prospective suppliers for our on the day wedding coordinator, cake, invitation and give-aways.

Since we pre-registered, Leo and I got our wedding expo pack and ID's quickly. The entrance to the exhibit area are mostly cake suppliers. I finally saw one cake supplier that I was eyeing (Clay Cakes). I was very charmed by their design, especially their cake toppers, but I have to consult my mother-in-law first before we decide on getting one. Their cakes are also quite costly (15K for the one that I saw, but they can work within a budget).

Next to the cakes are the chocolate fountain suppliers. My companions were very delighted by the fountains and unashamedly gorged themselves of the free-flowing belgian chocolate dips (milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate). Kulang nalang straw!

We found my P/V and HMUA suppliers and we made our downpayment. We went to the other booths and we were drawn by the invitation suppliers. Some of the invites were really very creative. I was so envious! Although again, I have to check whether our invites will be acceptable to my MIL and if they're right for the occasion. H2B and I would need to decide on our theme (if we want one) and our motiff. For the motiff, we're already partial to sky blue (it's a morning wedding after all), but am thinking what to match it with. I was toying with the idea of having the entourage in different shades of blue or contrasting it with another color (pastel green?!). Any suggestions?

Anyway, we left the expo two hours after. Seeing all those things made me more excited in our wedding preparations and made me wonder why we set the date so far away. But well, maybe in hindsight, I'll be thankful for having a one year preparation period.

1 comment:

Blair Bitch said...

eddie boy escudero is magaling na photographer.....as in =) 3 of my friends got him na and no regrets talaga sila....
cake supplier...i can refer you to my friend jackie if you want...you can visit her patisserie fleur de lys in tomas morato her shops been feautured 3x na sa dessertscomesfirst.blogspot.com and also if you go to the shop she has an album of her work na you can check out...matute is way so much better than claycakes but way so much more expensive...yung event coordinator ko for a project now ang cute ng mga cakes she has this make up kit cake na super galing kuhang kuha down to the last detail...brush, lipsticks, blush etc...or check out this site....www.fayerojascakes.com dont know her but she is the cousin of the last guy i went out with (y do i even bother to refer her!!!hehehe).....
choco fountain my friend mish has (si jackie rin ata meron) i can send you her packages.....though i have to ask kung tuloy pa ang business nya kasi she is migrating....i have another pricelist from another choco fountain supplier in alabang i can also forward to you....
for wedding invite you can try amis cheap sila kukulitn mo nga lang kasi di nila yan core competency...printsonalities is great but a bit pricey...or a tip get a design and have QP (yup the one in the mall) copy it kaya nila yon just dont forget to instruct them to take out their brand hehehehe.....for wedding coordinators pls lang for the love of god do not as in do not get the friend of the bitch hehehe baka andun pa sya coz she helps her out a number of times na.....i'll get her name and send you.....o di ba di naman ako excited for you...HINDI!=)

ps. btw no to blue and green pls....para ka naman ateneo la salle hahahaha green (the super light shade or mala tiffany blue works great with pink)