Thursday, September 07, 2006

Enter Sandman

I've been reading the Sandman comics by Neil Gaiman ever since I saw my my friends reading it in the student press during College. I borrowed one and I instantly became hooked in the stories and escapades of Dream/Orpheus, his family and cohorts. Back then, the comics were released monthly and I think it was only recently that they were compiled into 10 graphic novels that you can find in the bookstores. As they're quite expensive compared to the regular novels that I read, I collected them little by little until I completed them except for one (Volume Number 6!). Anyway, I bought volumes 9 and 10 yesterday and I was hesitant to go to work this morning as I wanted to finish both volumes.

While in the shuttle going to work, my mind kept wandering back to the stories. Neil Gaiman is indeed a genius. I wish he'd come back and sign my graphic novels. I'm only halfway through the 9th volume but I already knew that Death will be coming for her brother, Dream, so I cheated and skimmed through the last few pages. I promise to go home early so I have more time to finish that volume and start on the 10th.

I feel quite off today. As Leo will be off to some teambuilding this Saturday, I intend to pamper myself this weekend. I'll be going to work Saturday morning and then I'll probably spend the rest of the day at the spa.

2 comments:

cess said...

hmm... yun ba yung limang magkakapatid, sina destiny, desire, si death ang panganay, at meron pang kambal? not sure if i remember that right.

Sunshine said...

actually, 7 silang original na magkakapatid. nabigyan na nga ako ng lecture nina eddie: destiny, death, destruction, dream, despair, desire (silang dalawa yung kambal) and delirium :)