Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Eragon

I haven't read a fantasy book in ages (excluding the Sandman series). When I saw Eragon (the book) was on sale and knowing that it's a coming movie, I bought it. It took me almost 3 days to start the book though. Maybe because I had no idea what it was about.

It was a typical fantasy tale with dwarves, elves, dragons, mages and of course, the hero, 16 year-old Eragon. I do wish the author named him something else. His name looks like an allusion to Lord of the Ring's Aragorn.

I like the book though. I've forgotten how a fantasy tale can hook me up and would make me unable to put the book down. I think I slept past 1 am with barely 100 pages left. Upon waking up this morning, it took me less than 30 minutes to finish it. Much to my chagrin, I've forgotte that this was a BOOK ONE of a series of books. Gosh, I hope it's only a trilogy and not like that never-ending Wheel of Time series of Robert Jordan or Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series. It never ends!

Anyway, I'll write more about it. Am starting on "Labyrinth" which I bought weeks ago. HOpefully, this won't be a series.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

labyrinth - yan ba yung lumang pelikula nung 80s? starring david bowie and jennifer connelly?

Sunshine said...

nope. it's a different book. by the way, that's my favourite movie. i have the dvd! :)

Anonymous said...

hey sunshi, since your back to reading fantasy, do you want to you the fantasy yahoo group i'm heading? it's basically a bookclub/movie club for fantasy.

where did you buy the labyrinth dvd?