Sunday, November 19, 2006

Who Knows?

I miss blogging for the purpose of expressing my thoughts and for the past month, my posts have been about work and stress. Hopefully, that will change.

When I saw my friends sometime last week, we were at a bookstore and my friend, Kay, pointed out to me a small Chinese horoscope book which she says was very accurate. I picked up the book and turned to the month showing October 2006 and true enough, it said, "This is the darkest month of your year", (actually, I could not remember whether it was "year" or "life") and it was eerily accurate. It mentioned something about health and family being threatened. October was really a horrible month for me (year of the Rabbit). And Kay, also a co-rabbit, also had a taxing month. She got sick for 3 weeks and the security of her family was threatened, and I experienced almost the same thing. October was when my sister got into an accident, my brother left his house, and I got stressed out of work and had a nervous breakdown.

Regardless of the accuracy, I don't think it's enough for me to buy next year's edition. Not only is it against my beliefs, but I don't want my decisions to be influenced by something that was written down by someone. I do not underestimate the power of suggestion.

2 comments:

Blair Bitch said...

hhhm kaya pala you were asking if i am a rabbit. nope am tiger..wonder what book that is..unlike you am a sucker for such books and stuff
yah i miss blogging as well but i've been super swamped at work. what i get for being away. hey you want to meet up wed???

Anonymous said...

i read chinese horoscopes for entertainment purposes. i dont really believe them. about 4 years ago the prediction was full of doom and gloom like bawal sa tubig, bawal sa kalye dahil accident prone daw ako in those areas. nabuwisit ako dahil parang ayaw ako paalisin ng bahay. and october was a fine month for me - im a rabbit. :) iba pa rin ang power of prayer so cheers to you for not putting your hopes on that.