Saturday, November 11, 2006

How To Be Really, Really, Really Happy

Last Wednesday while I was at National Bookstore, I saw this book on display which made me reach for it and turn the first page. The book is called "How To Be Really, Really, Really Happy" by Bo Sanchez. The title hooked me and reading through the first pages made me pay for it. Later on, I was laughing by myself and people were giving me odd looks. The stories are Bo's humorous tales of his own life and how he relates them to God's teachings/learnings. It's a very good book that does not feel very preachy and you really feel good about it. I've taken to reading it first thing in the morning (I think I've read through it 3x already since I bought it) to give me some sort of happy feeling which would help me through the day.

After finishing the book for the first time, I really sat and prayed. I knew then something was missing from my life. I thought I had it all, I mean, I'm getting married to a man I love next year, my career is going somewhere, my family loves me, what else do I need? Unfortunately, I HAVE forgotten something, or rather, Someone. My current trials are God's way of poking me and reminding me of His presence and how much I owe Him for all the blessings I have received. It's such a humbling experience.

I intend to spend the next couple of weeks (am on block leave!) getting my life back together. Things have sort of collapsed last month and it already affected my emotional, mental, physical and psychological well-being. Please pray for me.

No comments: