Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Four Months to Go

My counter said that our wedding is exactly four months away today. Time flies by so fast. I know I should have nothing to panic about as our preparations are going smoothly, but I can't help but feel panicky--especially more when the three month mark comes.


Last week, I had a nightmare about our wedding. My friends found it funny as it's too early for me to get wedding nightmares--but I did.


I dreamed that I went to work on my wedding day! The wedding is that 1030 and at 10am I was still in the office. I left around a few minutes before 1030 only to find out that the wedding will be held in court (civil wedding).


When I got the municipal/city hall, I suddenly remembered that I forgot to buy shoes! I said I'll just wear sandals but when I slipped on the dress (white dress with red roses), it was barely reaching my feet and my sandals can be very much seen! I then decided to go barefoot.


Other horrors, I was told the caterer is lost and nowhere to be found. The tables are set up but the food is not there. Gosh!


Fortunately, the wedding that I dreamed of is not what Leo and are planning for. I'm definitely NOT going to be at work during my wedding day and I will definitely not wear a dress with red roses. My caterer is the reception place itself and they will not forget such a thing as a wedding (after making kulit).


At least when Leo and I were walking the aisle towards the judge (although I can't remember seeing him), I was happy regardless of the inconveniences. I guess that was what counted and I know would count on the actual day itself. It was what my friends have also been telling me--let go of all the small bloopers during the wedding day. That's what the coordinator is for. I'll just let go and Let God.


 


 

2 comments:

Rene David said...

Sus!!! Your Ninang can surely interpret this for you...She is very good in explaining dreams! Just wait.

Norrie Blackeby said...

This is a typical "stress" dream similar to my "exams" dream so don't worry about it. Your wedding will be beautiful--and so will you. :D