Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Razon's

Rating:★★★★
Category:Restaurants
Cuisine: Other
Location:Greenbelt 1, Jupiter, Alabang Town Center (among others)
The restaurant started at Pampanga (can't remember the actual town) and they serve authentic Kapampangan cuisine. I heard so much about the place, especially their halo-halo, and it was only last Saturday that we got to try the food.

After picking me up from the office, Leo and I hied off to Greenbelt 1 where we had some merienda. We chose Razon's as I wanted to try their much recommended halo-halo. Due to the heat, I tend to eat/drink more cool drinks/desserts.

I'm not much of a fan of halo-halo as I don't like beans. Usually I tend to be lugi if I order one as I ask that the beans be removed, and I pay the same price as a regular halo-halo (a regular halo-halo can have more than 2 to 3 types of beans--garbanzos and munggo are the more common types). But at Razon's, they only have three ingredients (other than the ice and milk)--leche flan, sweetened saging na saba and strips of macapuno. It's the perfect halo-halo for me (well, maybe skip the macapuno and substitute with pinipig--that's PERFECT).

Leo tried the pancit and he said it's okay (although I don't know if that's OK or just a mere ok). I'll try that next time.

3 comments:

Norrie Blackeby said...

I have to try this place when I visit. I love halo halo even if it makes my teeth ache!

Ivy Tan said...

yup their halo halo is the best! like you i am tamad to order halo halo coz ang dami kong specs...no this, no that, extra this, extra that so para walang hassled i do not na lang order...but sa razon's no need for special instructions coz everything in it i like and i eat! perfect!!! you should also try their parang sizzling bulalo and sisig...yum!

Sunshine Sangalang said...

oo nga. tapos they put enough milk! super-milky their halo-halo :) parang gusto mo nalang inumin yung dulo. heheh. best of all, no UBE! :)