Saturday, May 26, 2007

Here Comes The Rain Again

Rainy season is here and with it the reminder that our wedding is coming soon!

I've always loved the rain and the image above (taken from winternet.com) is one of my favourite images. Seeing rain gives me memories of relaxing in bed and being able to sleep long hours due to the conducive weather.

Rain though can make it a bitch to commute but I love the feeling when I get home. I throw my wet things in one corner, take a shower and fall in bed with a nice book. Haaay.

I'd prefer the rain over sunshine (ironic eh?). Of course, I'm hoping that the sun will shine on our wedding day but on regular days, let it rain.

==================================================

ON AMERICAN IDOL

I've already read hundreds of posts regarding the recently finished American Idol competition. Most of them are saying that the Season 6 is bland and boring and definitely lackluster as compared to the previous seasons. Even the finale leaves much to be desired.

I'm a late starter when it comes to following the show. I only started late Season 3 (during the time of Jasmine Trias and wherein Fantasia won) and followed the show fulltime starting Season 4 until Season 5. Unfortunately, work demands makes it unable for me to watch the show regularly this year (I get home past 10pm). I tried watching an episode once but the contestants leaves much to be desired. Nobody stands out (well, except Blake).

Last year was the best season for me. They had Taylor Hicks, Chris Daughtry, Elliott Yamin and Mandiza all with their different and distinct styles. Most of their top 12 were all very good (except for a mistakenly chosen few). But this year, you just want everyone to go (I'm sorry, I am not a Sanjaya fan). Given with the poor choice in the top 3, admittedly, Melinda's the best singer and can definitely give Jordin a run for her money but nothing makes her different from the other great singers out there.

Hopefully next year will be better and I can be patient enough to find the episodes in youtube.

==================================================

ON FAMILY AND RELATIONSHIPS

We cremated our lola Saturday last week, had her pa-siyam last Wednesday and now my aunts are going back home. (Got this picture from my Dad's site) One of them I will see on my wedding (she's one of our sponsors!) and the other won't be able to make it as she used her leave to go home for our lola's funeral. Now I have to find another ninang to take her place.

It was bittersweet seeing them these past two weeks. I wish I could've seen them in better circumstances and had more fun. Tita Norrie and I will have time for that on August/September but with Ninang Nonie, I hope we'll have that time again.

And for those who think that Leo and I don't argue, well we do, probably as much as other couples out there. It's just we've learned to keep it between ourselves and not involve other people. We try to settle issues without any third party involved and hopefully we will not reach that point. One thing I love about him is that he's very mature and I can easily say what I feel without fear that he'll take it against me.

Our recent issue is quite minor (involving our quirks) and I hope we settle this by today. I don't like dragging things on and on and I do not want this to resurface in the future. If we're going to live together, this is something that we really have to get used to.

When I'm mad, I have the tendency to keep quiet until I'm ready to talk--much to Leo's annoyance. The first time I did this, the reason was not even major and it ticked Leo off. Unfortunately, I really cannot speak if I'm mad for fear that I'll say something that I'll regret later on so I do the next best thing--I cry. Again, much to his frustration.

I think he's used to it by now. He already knows if I'm pissed. I pity him in hindsight because it can be frustrating knowing that another person is mad at you and you have no idea why. One compromise we've reached was that I'll talk to him once I am able to. I'd prefer it that way because I'm more rational and if it involves feelings, I say what I feel or felt.

I don't know if it's me but as the wedding nears, the more we argue--thankfully not about the wedding preparations but not to the point of calling the wedding off (hopefully never). I still believe that we are made for each other (ewww...mushy) and that we want to spend the rest of our lives together. I guess the secret here is not letting issues drag on forever and settling them as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Chesca Rueda said...

Very true... Because in the end, you know it's all worth it... In the end, you know it's definitely worth fighting for... :D

Marie Puyat said...

Elliott Yamin in Manila/Cebu, Sept. 21-28! Concert sked :)

Just in case you haven't heard yet, Elliott Yamin will be coming to the Philippines to do a 5-show concert tour in Manila/Cebu! Please repost to help spread the word!

Here's the sked:

Sep. 21, 2007 (Fri) 8:00PM
Trinoma - Philippines Manila

Sep. 22, 2007 (Sat) 8:00PM
Glorietta - Philippines Manila

Sep. 23, 2007 (Sun) 8:00PM
Alabang Town Center - Philippines Manila

Sep. 26, 2007 (Wed) 8:00PM
Ayala Mall - Philippines Cebu

Sep. 28, 2007 (Fri) 8:00PM
Market! Market! Mall - Philippines
Manila

Source: http://www.myspace.com/elliottyamin

* If you're an Elliott fan in the Philippines, join the "Yaminoys" yahoogroup over here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yaminoys/join

* Yaminoys @PinoyExchange
http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248093

* Yaminoys @etrainstation.com
http://etrainstation.com/index.php?showtopic=56

:)

Nonie David Carluen said...

You cannot get more ironic than this SUNSHINE. However I must admit that I don't mind the cold and rain on a weekend when I can sleep-in and watch dvd's under a pile of doona covers.