Sunday, September 07, 2008

Five Months - The Halfway Mark

Yes, I'm almost there. I had my monthly check-up yesterday and so far, thank God it has been uneventful. I only gained 2 lbs since I got pregnant and I'm on the right track. My target is to only gain 10 lbs when I give birth. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it else I'll be high risk already. My doctor wants me to go walking or swimming as my form of exercise. I'm still on my prenatal vitamins, but will have a new set of tests next month. I am so NOT looking forward to that. I absolutely abhor that oral glucose tolerance challenge. That orangy-sweet thing is just nasty.

However, when I woke up this morning, my belly felt heavy and my right leg and right arm felt uncomfortable (ano bang english sa "nangangalay"). Maybe because I was lying on them too much throughout the night. I slept so heavily. The baby was actively moving and it must've been pushing against an organ or nerve as my right side felt painful for awhile. If this persists tomorrow, I'll call in sick and see my doctor again.

I've been encouraging Leo to talk to the baby. I just told him to aim for the bump and just talk so that the baby will recognize his voice. I haven't been listening to classical music that often, but I've been listening to an instrumental piano CD and the Madrigal Singers.

I enrolled us for Rome Kanapi's childbirth classes starting October 11. I'll be on my 6th month by then. I'm looking forward to that. Leo will hopefully learn how to change diapers and take care of the baby.

We'll know the sex of the baby hopefully on my congenital ultrasound two weeks from now. I'm not really particular with the sex--as long as our baby is healthy.

14 comments:

JC Sobejana said...

praise God! are you also having leg cramps when you do stretching. Ako kase often i experience leg cramps. oh boy, its so painful i can't even breathe. but i discovered how to stretch without experiencing leg cramps....its uncomfortable nga lang...cguro hindi lang ako sanay.

are you going into birth class? hehehe! nakakatuwa naman kayo at aattend pa kayo ng ganun. do you have to pay for it? how much?

excited na ako sa gender ng baby mo....paalam mo sakin kaagad ha. text me then i'll call you right away.

Nonie David Carluen said...

leo? talk? bg. have you heard any recordings of andre rieu? he plays the violin.

Rene David said...

Har har... I am just wondering too what Leo would be saying to my apo... Leo being the silent type of person. :-)

Rene David said...

Talaga naman... nakakaexcite malaman. The way you look I think it's going to be a girl. Gumaganda ka kasi lalo ngayon e. :-)

Nonie David Carluen said...

needles & pins?

Sunshine Sangalang said...

claudine - yes, we paid for the birthing class. huwag mo nang tanungin kung how much. my doctor actually encouraged me to attend one. at least kayo, may working knowledge na kayo about giving birth kasi naka-witness na kayo eh ako, wala talagang ka-alam alam and kinakabahan na ako. at least the class will help me deal with whatever it is to come.
ninang/daddy - i haven't heard of the recordings. can you send me a sample? thank you for your compliments. :) for my in-laws sake, i hope it's a girl, but leo wants a boy. haha! :)
in 2 weeks, i'll announce the gender. don't worry, marami rin ang nag-aabang.

cheryll hermosura said...

do you already have a name for your baby? excited narin ako sa bagong pamangkin! classical music is good....dapat pinaparinig mo na yan kay baby....

Sunshine Sangalang said...

dabing - secret muna. kapag nalaman na namin kung boy o girl, saka namin ipepress release yung name :D

cheryll hermosura said...

grabe naman suspense pa...

Nonie David Carluen said...

you call two weeks suspense?! seem not too long ago when expectant parents had to wait for the birth of their baby to know the sex. anyway - would'nt leonardo be a waste of name if you won't use it? LDSV. very solid and intriguing.

Sunshine Sangalang said...

leo said that the buck stops with him :)
i guess it gets pretty confusing if your son has same name as you.

Rene David said...

yeah you are right... you end up calling your child in a different name anyway to avoid confusion like... " Fordy" or "Forthy" or Bling bling...or whatever...oh my!!!! Hehehe

Rene David said...

If it's a girl i will call her My Sunshine... :-)

Nonie David Carluen said...

it is in YouTube - Andre Rieu.