Sunday, December 07, 2008

Are We There Yet?

Everyday, I marvel at my ever-expanding and ever-growing stomach. My butt/back aches are getting worse and walking and getting up from my chair is already a herculean task. I've taken to walking around the block after dinner as what my doctor recommended even if it gives me a backache afterwards.

I measured my tummy and from underneath my breasts up to the bottom is already at 37cm! I read somewhere that the stomach grows 1cm for every week of pregnancy so does that mean my stomach is already meant for 37 weeks??? I really do hope that this is all fluids and not all baby. I know my baby's weight is just enough for his gestation (he's at 1.6kg 3 weeks ago) so my guesstimate is he should be around 4 to 4.5 lbs now--just enough as well.

People have been remarking on my size and how they're guessing that I'm due any minute now. Thing is, the baby is still "high" and is not settling down yet. However, he's already in the position (cephalic) and according to my OB, his head is just a few inches away from being engaged.

I have an inkling that I'll be making it to my 40 weeks (end of January). However, a part of me wishes that I'll be giving birth on my 37th week (first week of January). I really want to get this over with. Whenever I walk, my hands either support my lower belly or my lower back.

Just a few more weeks...

2 comments:

Rene David said...

Just hang on there for just a little bit more... you'll get there! :-)

Norrie Blackeby said...

Soon it will be over and then the challenge begins. :-)