Monday, March 12, 2012

Asthma, Go Away!

For the first time in ages, I'm plagued by asthma attacks the past few days.

I could not figure out what was causing it. I figured it must be the weather change. About a decade ago, I recall being incapacitated during the months of February and March as the weather would drastically change from cold to hot. Weather change are usually the triggers for most asthmatics.

I never really outgrew my asthma. It's such a point of contention during my application with the different companies I worked with as I'm forced to declare that I have asthma. As such, I had to get clearance from my doctor that I'm currently in medication and that it is being managed.

My inhaler is getting quite a work-out since Friday. My pulmo said I need two clicks whenever I have an attack. The adverse effect of the inhaler is that I have to gargle afterwards as the powder is irritating my throat.

I just wish that the weather would normalize as I can't afford to get sick. Too many things are happening at work and I have to be there to ensure that my projects are implemented properly.

No comments: