Sunday, February 02, 2014

Thankful - Feb 2

Some things to be thankful for today:


1. Tried out a new restaurant - we tried out Project Pie today. They opened a branch here down South. Their selling proposition is that you can design your own pizza and they make it in front of you. Waiting time for it to bake doesn't take too long too. The picture on the right is one of the pies that we tried--Banana Nutella. Funny that my son didn't like this considering it's chocolate. He must not be a fan of cinnamon. He loved his classic pizza though.

2. Was able to hear mass today - Today is the feast of Candelaria. Unfortunately, we were not able to have any candles blessed but being able to hear mass is a blessing. Moreover, the priest who said mass was one of the "good" ones. He even quoted lines from one of my favorite songs:

I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life will fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things

Here's a video of the song sung by Hangad -- one of my favorite choirs.



3. Finished Burger Queen - kinda shallow as it concerns an iphone game app. However, I've been playing the game for the longest time so I'm quite thankful that I'm able to finish it--and that seldom happens.

4. Cleaned up my blog - one of my resolutions this year is to write more blog posts. It seems I have surpassed my posts for 2013 just with January alone. Hopefully, 2014 will be banner year in terms of posts. My highest ever was 163. In terms of hits, I don't get that much traffic as I don't advertise my blog. Besides, I'm still a bit shy about my writing as I have had no practice in creative writing for the longest time. So if anybody would stumble on my blog and like it, then I hope they would leave a comment or two.

5. For waking up at 430AM - at least I am able to wake up today. That itself is a big blessing.

No comments: