Monday, January 09, 2017

Oh, Sherlock!


Pic grabbed from the BBC page

I'm a late fan of the series. I just started watching last year and binge-watched everything. I was surprised that it has been running since 2010 and that there are only 3 episodes per season. Nevertheless, watching it turned me into a raving Cumberbitch and a lifelong/obsessed fan of Benedict Cumberbatch.

Benedict plays such smart characters well and him playing Sherlock is no exception. Since he became famous, there was a long gap between Season 3 and 4. They actually had a special episode last year but it was enough to make me thirst for more.

This season is as superb as usual. I'm excited for next week but sad at the same time because it will be the last episode and reportedly, the last time that Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman, playing Dr. John Watson, will be reprising their roles in the small screen. I will truly miss them.

Out of all the 12 episodes I've seen, probably my favorites are the one featuring "The Woman", John's wedding and the Episode one of Season 4 with the last one reducing me to tears.

Maybe someday, they can make a movie out of it. Though there have been movies already inspired by Sherlock (that of Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law), I would love to see Cumberbatch and Freeman on the big screen. Granted that each episode is 1 1/2 hour long, it's still different watching them in a movie.

In today's episode (S4E2), there were two lines that stuck to me and I'd like to share them here:

"By saving my life, she conferred a value on it. It is a currency I do not know how to spend." - Sherlock Holmes

"It is what it is." - mentioned by almost every character in the show and it different contexts which made it more poignant.


No comments: