Monday, October 20, 2003

Glasses

I'm back to wearing glasses. My eyes are graded at 400 with astigmatism of almost a hundred. Since my contact lenses are useless, I conceded to going back being four eyes to at least bring down the astigmatism. According to my eye doctor, I can still wear my contacts but I have to wear my prescription glasses at least an hour everyday. That doesn't sound convincing so I'll get a second opinion. Nevertheless, I still got a new pair of glasses because my old pair has a lower grade.

I managed to catch "9 Mornings" in one of the local channels here last night. Piolo Pascual is absolutely GORGEOUS! I was practically speechless the whole time. All I can do was stare and gawk at him throughout the whole movie. I did not care if Donita Rose, who is as beautiful, was sharing the screen with him. Judy Ann Santos was right on the money when she said, "Mukha pa lang, ulam na." Yes, he is definitely good enough to eat.

Going back to work today was not as difficult as I thought it would be. My eyes are still swollen due to lack of sleep not to mention my eye bags growing heavier.

Something about my Baguio trip:

I went to Baguio for the Singles for Christ Metro Manila Leaders Conference. It was held at the Baguio Convention Center but we had to find our own places to stay. Fortunately, our chapter heads know a person who gave us the use of his condo unit near the Girl Scouts place. Getting to the condo was very tricky. Lots of twists and turns and upon getting there, we saw that it was in the middle of a bevy of privately owned vacation houses. The building was four stories tall with four units per floor. The creepy thing was that we were the only people occupying the whole building (other than the caretaker). It was very very creepy. The building smelled and looked old. There was also a garden of bamboo outside our bedroom window that added to the creepy feeling. Good thing we rarely stayed there since we were always out.

No comments: