Sunday, October 05, 2003

Hodge Podge

Working while studying part-time is not an easy task. They were not kidding when they said I had to make sacrifices—not that there is a lot to sacrifice. I literally don’t have much of a social life so there’s not much sacrifice there. It’s the small things that I have to deal with. I had to sacrifice my tv and movie time instead, have to hit the books and figure out statistical computations.

Studying at my house is a rather difficult endeavor. I live with 6 other people and the computer as well as the main study area cum dining room is right beside the tv/living room. Unfortunately, the tv is always on and it takes a big effort just to be able to concentrate.

For this night, my dad is watching Godfather. I can’t understand why so many guys absolutely find this movie the best movie series there is. I admit, the story twists (of what I’ve seen) are interesting but there are too many shooting scenes for my peace of mind.

For those who know me, they will argue that CSI is as gory. It's the investigation that interests me.

I went grocery shopping today with my brother. I love shopping for groceries. No doubt, it will be one past time I will enjoy doing with a boyfriend/husband if ever that happens. Grocery shopping can build bonds, I can tell you that.

The only thing I hate about grocery shopping is the crowd. Most people in the supermarket have no shopping etiquette. Going around the supermarket with a grocery cart is like driving a car. Everytime you stop to take something off the shelf, you're supposed to have some sort of consideration for other people and park your cart on the side. Majority would just leave their carts in the middle of aisle leaving you to figure out how to go around the cart and the other people picking stuff of the shelf. It's absolutely frustrating. That's why as much as possible I do my grocery shopping as the store opens.

No comments: