Sunday, June 06, 2004

Harry Potter

Everyone who watched the film and has an online journal must've posted something about the movie. I guess here's my knut's worth on the film.

It's bloody gorgeous! (hanep. Kala mo kung sinong British eh.) It's the best HP movie there is. The first two ones were, well, kiddy-ish. Not surprising since it's geared for the 10-below audience. This new installment is more mature and I don't know if that same age bracket can relate to the going ons in Harry's life.

The movie also proved that the director can get away with deviating from the book as long as he delivered it in a way that the rabid die-hards would not notice. I read the book before I watched the movie and he did get away with the changes.

My favourite part was when Harry performed the Patronus charm. I thought I was going to cry! It's like watching your kid grow up and do something extraordinary. First thing I did when I got home is read through my copy of "The Order of the Phoenix" again. I realized that I could not remember the story anymore since I just speed read through it the first time around. Afterwhich, it was borrowed by 4 different people. I just permanently got it back a few weeks ago.

Funny though, this is the second movie that I've watched where my other seatmate (not SO) slept throughout the movie. Unlike my previous seatmate (I think it was Van Helsing that we watched), this one was not snoring.

No comments: