Thursday, June 03, 2004

Laws of Changes and Eggs

Things must be getting pretty banal when I'm starting to enjoy my economics and law subjects this term.

I hated these subjects when I was in College. Cursing a blue streak whenever I could not recall the law which ruled on the People of the Philippines vs. some-person-whose-name-i-can't-think-of case. In fact, I flunked 2 of my taxation/law subjects when I was in college. Now here I am enjoying the class and not minding that we're being dismissed at 930 pm! Maybe because I can finally appreciate everything now that I get to apply them to my work life.

Economics was also a topic which I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. Heck, I would rather use a whip! I could not seem to comprehend the law of supply and demand. (I think I was allergic to the word "law"). Now here I am, even volunteering to set up the mailing list of the class and planning to get my hands on every resource book recommended by the professor (and there are 10 of them in the list!).

I think I've changed, although I don't know whether it's for the best or for the worst. I can't seem to revive my flagging interest on role-playing (much to the dismay of my rpg friends). My writing has also been very bland. I read my blog posts and they lack colour and life. It's like reading a news report. It bothers me that I'd rather read the Business World and thinking how each news that I read will affect the economy macro and microeconomically, rather than start on the long-awaited 7th book of the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind, which I picked up more than a month ago yet I haven't started on the first page!

I could say change is not bad. As long as I maintain a balance and not forget who my friends are. Balance and juggling is easy as long as you only have two eggs up in the air. Unfortunately, I have more than 2 and every 3 months or so, the eggs keep on multiplying. I think the trick here is not to have too many eggs.

One day, I can manage everything. I just hope that the eggs won't come crashing down my face.

No comments: