Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Goodbyes

Seven years is such a bloody long time. Heck, if I started working for my present company 7 years ago, I would have been assistant manager now or manager even! If I got married seven years ago, I would be fighting the so-called seven year itch now. If I chose to take up law seven years ago, I would be a lawyer be now (presuming I passed the bar exam. By the way, ever wondered why it's called a "bar" in the first place? My law teacher said that in a courtroom, there's this bar segregating the people from the lawyers and judge. So if you passed the "bar" exam, you can literally go over the bar and mingle with the other lawyers and judges who are supposedly knowledgeable in the law).

What's with the seven years? Well, starting July 1, my sunshine@philonline.com address will no longer be available. I did not want to let go of it due to nostalgic reasons, but practicality and efficiency ruled over nostalgia. I had to discontinue the address since majority of the emails that I get from that address are spam. Besides, nobody emails me using that address anymore. Paying P220 a month for it was not worth it. When I could pay the same amount and get unlimited internet.

It's really about time that I had that line cut. It's about time that I move on.

No comments: