Tuesday, March 01, 2005

One Year Anniversary (yeah sure)

It was our one year anniversary yesterday (Feb. 28).

I wanted it to be a special day but I ended up crying over my boyfriend's shirt.

Unfortunately, the 28th fell on a Monday and a month-end to boot. On top of my daily productivity, there were so many things to do at work. I had to come to work early to decorate the cubicle of our boss' boss. Afterwhich, when I tried logging into my work pc, it wouldn't accept my password due to lan problems. I learned later that afternoon that my harddisk gave out (good thing they were able to back up my files before the whole disk crashed). I had a meeting after work at La Salle Taft and it took me an hour to get there while negotiating through Makati and Manila traffic (Quirino is only one lane thus the traffic spilling over to Taft and South Superhighway was horrendous). When my boyfriend came to pick me up later that night, my groupmates and I were in the middle of an argument and Leo kept on calling me to come down since he's doubleparked. We had dinner at a place in Bluewave and I'm not particularly that happy with the food.

So much for our special day.

I really did want it to be special. I don't know how special is special but I envisioned it as a day where we'll do something special together. Where everything's pre-planned and not just a spur of the moment thing. I don't know whether I should be disappointed on myself or on my boyfriend. It felt like this is just something normal for him, but celebrating a one year anniversary is VERY extraordinary for me. I have never celebrated it with anyone before and I was so much looking forward to this one.

I really didn't know what to expect, but it was definitely not something like this.

My only consolation is that at least we're together. That counts for something. And we did spend the weekend together at Tagaytay (with his parents). I should be thankful at least for that.

No comments: