Sunday, June 26, 2005

Happiness is...

While Leo and I were having merienda at Pancake House Greenbelt last Saturday, I experienced a moment of happiness. It's just one of those fleeting moments. It made me realize how definitely low I have been these past few months. Moreover, it proved to me that I can still be happy again.

I don't whether it was the Belgian chocolates that bought for me the previous day, or the chocolate chip pancakes or the coffee which we were currently eating, but there it was. That sense of happiness.

Then and there, I knew that being happy is a decision and something that I should not wait for. My misery for the past few months made me appreciate how precious happiness is.

I can't say that I'm 100% recovered now. I can still feel the sadness, but I now know that it's my attitude and my mindset that will keep the depression at bay. Yes, problems are there and they will continue to be there, but it will be my decision whether I will let them affect me as adversely as it did in the past months.

Here's to being happy.

Happiness
(sung by Lea and Gerard Salonga)

Happiness is two kinds of ice cream
Finding your skate key, telling the time
Happiness is learning to whistle
Tying your shoe for the very first time
Happiness is playing the drum in your own school band
And happiness is walking hand in hand

Happiness is five different crayons
Knowing a secret, climbing a tree
Happiness is finding a nickel
Catching a firefly, setting him free
Happiness is being alone every now and then
And happiness is coming home again

Happiness is morning and evening
Daytime and nighttime, too
For happiness is anyone and anything at all
That’s loved by you

Happiness is having a sister
Sharing a sandwich
Getting along
Happiness is singing together when day is through
And happiness is those who sing with you

Happiness is morning and evening
Daytime and nighttime, too
For happiness is anyone and anything at all
That’s loved by you

No comments: