Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Showbiz Sunday

Leo observed yesterday that I've grown fond of watching showbiz talkshows. He said that before, I hated watching The Buzz or any TV show with a showbiz talkshow theme. I just laughed. I guess a leopard can change its spots.

I really did hate watching The Buzz before. I hated Boy Abunda, Christy Fermin and especially Kris Aquino with a passion. I felt that they were wasting the time of the people for talking about the lives of others. But now, I've grown fond of Tito Boy, a bit cool towards Nanay Christy and a bit mixed about Kris.They definitely know what entertainment is all about.

I really don't know what made me watch The Buzz on a regular basis. Maybe because I did not want to be left out of the discussions at work. There was a time I would even alternate with The Buzz and S-Files but The Buzz wins in my book. S-Files was so lame and Showbiz Central is worse! I'm not pleased with Pia Guanio's style of nterviewing and John Lapus' voice irritates me. What makes The Buzz better is that they have more credibility. They have evidence to support their issues. Regardless of his outrageous attires, Tito Boy sounds and looks more sincere than Pia any day of the week. I'm sorry to say but Pia's very trying hard. She should just stick to hosting her "Pinaka" show at QTV11.

And John Lapus--my gosh. Don't get me started on that.

As for Raymond Guttierez, I'm still reserving judgment on him. But honestly, he looks very composed and confident. I think he'll be better off hosting a lifestyle show.

I'm familiarizing myself on the local celebrities. At least I don't say, "Sino siya?!!?" as often as before. I regularly buy Yes! magazine (go Jo ann Maglipon! More power to you!) for the pictures and the new couples (it's the local equivalent of People). I visit pep.ph everyday for my showbiz fix. I however, draw the line on watching the noontime variety shows (weekday and weekend).

10 comments:

Nonie David Carluen said...

I don't believe what I am reading. Is the stress getting to someone badly that she is unconsciously feeding her healthy brain cells with rubbish?

Norrie Blackeby said...

Hehehe. That's what entertainment is all about--it enables you to suspend reality even for a bit. C'mon some people I know spend a lot of time say...chatting and talking about simply nothing?! LOL!!!!

Rene David said...

OMG. Is that you Sunshine? Baka pre-marital syndrome lang yan. hehehehehe. Sabi kona sa iyo e galing ni Kris eh. hahahahaha

Sunshine Sangalang said...

jologs talaga ako.

Nonie David Carluen said...

you don't say. are there people like this?

Nonie David Carluen said...

what does "jologs" mean? tita norrie wants to know.

Rene David said...

"Baduy" ang ibig sabihin nun... hahahahaha

Rene David said...

At least jologs na may "class" hahahaha

Nonie David Carluen said...

what happened to the word "baduy". no longer used?

Rene David said...

Hay nako mabuti pa si norrie "in" sa mga salitang ganyan