Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Day-Off

Day-offs are meant for relaxation but I had none of that today.

I had to take the day-off to take care of wedding matters. We accomplished 4 things today and it only took me/us until 3 pm.

I got home past midnight last night to finish some work as I'm out of the office today. I woke up past 6 today and Leo picked me up around 830. We then proceeded to the City Hall of Muntinlupa to file for our marriage certificate. Even with the amount of people in the area, we managed to finish filling up forms and paying the fees involved in less than an hour.

We then drove to Asian Hospital for my check-up with my OB-Gyne. I blanched when she told me the shots that I need in preparation for my pregnancy (at my age, I need to get pregnant as soon as possible after the wedding!). I need to get shots for Hepa (3 shots!!!), MMR (she was surprised I do not have this) and Flu vaccine. I don't mind the cost. I just don't like shots.

After having lunch at Festival Mall, Leo dropped me off at Cecil's for my fitting. I dread going to his shop at first as I think I gained weight and I don't know what I would do if I won't fit into my gown. Thank God I still managed to squeeze into it (with the help of two assistants). Pictures are in the Photos folder.

They sewed on that delicated material around my shoulders which covers part of my upper arm. We're still debating on making it longer to cover most of my upper arms but Cecil was adamant to keep it at that. They also pinned on that thing around my waist which is also part of the train. It's really beautiful looking at it from the back. The train is detachable by the way.

There will be beading on the bodice and embroidery (I think) on the train. I'll have another fitting sometime July to see the effect. Hopefully by that time, we've settled the issue with regards to my "sleeves".

After spending an hour at Cecil's, I took a cab going to Printsonalities, our invitations supplier. I had to finalize the proofs today if we're going to get our invites by mid-July. As it was only me, I hope I did not miss anything important. No typos please!

I was done by 3 pm. I can't believe we were able to do so much today. Hopefully everything will go as planned. We'll be having our canonical interview with the parish priest on Tuesday. I'll probably switch my leave from whole day to half day. I need all the leaves for the wedding!

I still need to finalize our guest list. It seems we're going to breach our 250 mark and might even reach 300! Hopefully it won't be too crowded in the ballroom. I'm trying to limit my guests to less than 150 to give Leo's family more leeway. They deserve a bigger share of the guests list pie.

My counter say that the wedding is 2 months and 5 days away. Soon, we're hitting the two month mark and I'll probably be trying hard not to panic. I'm so looking forward to the occasion and quite excited about it. :)

4 comments:

Norrie Blackeby said...

Excellent work Sunshine. Try to relax before the wedding so yo won't be too haggard on your wedding day! How exciting!

JC Sobejana said...

if you took the MMR shot today....you can't be pregnant for 3months. make sure you use birth control pills after the wedding. just an advice. what measures are you taking to get pregnant? are you taking fertility pills? im also having a hard time getting pregnant. i had series of checkups and my OB said, i have no reproductive problems naman. she had me take fertility pills. it's on process....hope it works. if not, i wont be despair coz i know that the Lord is going to give HER to me on the right time and place :) ikaw rin, dont be despair if you won't have kids soon....remember that the Lord knows best!!! take care of yourself. set a goal so you'll have all the inspiration to diet :)

Norrie Blackeby said...

Just a note about fertility pills. They have really bad side effects (I should know) so please do not take them lightly. Also DO NOT GET UPTIGHT about not being pregnant. It could make matters worse. Concentrate in your marriage first before even thinking of having kids. Most of all learn to enjoy life.

jennie smith said...

Yep, enjoy early married life. Once you have kids, your time and attention will shift to something else. Of course, your biological clock is ticking and having kids at your age makes a lot of difference cause you will be raising them while you are still young and strong.