Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Wedding Updates!

My counter just showed that our wedding is 1 month and 4 weeks away. Gosh, it's just around the corner!!!

I went on half day leave today for our canonical interview. It was first-come first-served so Leo picked me up at 830am. We were the 3rd couple to arrive.

I was a bit nervous at first because of the requirements. As I previously mentioned, my confirmation and baptismal certificates carries "Sunshine" as my second name whereas my birth certificate does not have a 2nd name. I dread the thought that the church coordinator would request that I rectify all my records. Thankfully though, she just asked me to accomplish an affidavit stating that I'm one and the same. That's one less problem to think about.

As for the interview itself, the priest certainly took his time. The first couple spent 30 minutes with him! Good thing the coordinator called another priest to help out (there were more than 10 couples to be interviewed!). The 2nd priest that we were assigned to just read our answers to the questionnaires, asked us where we met and where were work. And then he asked us what would make our marriage work. Of course, as we already attended Discovery Weekend, we had our answers. When we told the priest this, he just nodded and signed the form. Our interview was done in less than 10 minutes. When he left the room, the couple before us was still with the other priest!

As for my gown, an officemate took pity on me and accompanied me to Cecil's for another fitting. We decided to put cap sleeves with beading. At least it will cover my problem areas. I'm happier now. I just need to get the pictures that they took.

So, what's left? The invites, which we will be getting in a couple of weeks (incidentally, we just found out that the initial of Leo's Best Man was incorrect! It was too late to change it so we just apologized profusely); the giveaways which we will also be getting soon (for the guests, this nice thing from Papemelroti which will be filled with Hershey's Kisses and for the female principal sponsors, a nice Papemelroti lalagyan with Mary Jane's fruitcake and for the male principal sponsors, wine--Fortant Merlot and Chardonnay); misalette, which we will probably have printed. Just minor things actually.

This weekend, we'll be finalizing the flowers for the church as well as the menu for the buffet (yes, we decided on buffet. A lot of people will kill me if I do sit-down). I'll also call the cakemaker to reconfirm our order (he's the only supplier I have who did not ask for downpayment--much to the consternation of my mother-in-law). We still do not have a schedule for our prenuptial pictorial. I wonder if it would be an issue if we have it done the week before. I'll check on Jong.

Hay, ang lapit na!!!!!!!

I need to finalize our guest list though. We might over-invite and I'll just be beside myself if all of them show up. That's my worst nightmare actually.

3 comments:

JC Sobejana said...

looks everythings in order already... enjoy the rest of your single life though ;0

Nonie David Carluen said...

if we had canonical interviews in my time - we would probably be adviced not to get married. i don't think the reason of "feeling like getting married" is good enough. then the priest would ask if we at least love each other and our reply would be a loud laugh. geez.
anyway - since your union with leo appears to be a perfect match and everything is going hunky dory - ENJOY THE MOMENT. don't waste your time worrying on details that will not matter after the wedding.
Cheers.

Norrie Blackeby said...

Hear Hear! it looks like you've crossed your "t"s and dotted your "i"s Sunshine, attending all these seminars and courses for married to be couples. You even have all the answers ready! How can you go wrong???? The real test is still to come--like the rest of your lives together? Enjoy each other and be kind to each other. My in laws said that to me before Peter and I married and that was the best advise ever because kindness goes a long way.
About your gown--Hurrah! I want to see you walk up that aisle confident and beautiful. You should be counting the weeks not months...soon just the days. Take care sweetie. :-)