Saturday, July 28, 2007

He Passed!

In all the excitement that has happened, I forgot to post that Leo passed his Oral Comprehensive Exam and is now a candidate for graduation. He will march on October.

Each graduate is given 2 tickets but since Leo's dad is a professor, he has his own ticket. So Leo's Mom and I will be seating together.

Gosh, I really do need to get back to school. I intend to return on January. Since my field is now in Operations, I intend to take a subject that's really in my field. I'm thinking of Supply Chain Management. Also, if I could go back to my Production and Operations Management subject (hey, I did get a 4.0 there. Hehehe), I would appreciate it more.

This is the reason why interested people should take up their MBA when they've had more than 2 years (heck, 2 years is even less. Make it 5 years) working experience. It's difficult to appreciate a subject when you haven't really moved up the corporate ladder.I believe MBA is more suited for middle management people or team leaders. Makes it more meaningful and would make the student more appreciative.

There are exceptions though and Leo is one of them. He's an IT person and he just loves to study (he talks of taking DBA *shudder*). While me, I'm going to take up cooking classes after I finish my MBA. Why do I need it when I have people cooking for me? I guess it's just one of my childhood dreams (actually, my childhood dream is to own a grocery store/supermarket, but that's another story). I've always loved cooking and this would help me to enhance my skills more. And who knows? I might take an early retirement and just focus on cooking/baking.

9 comments:

JC Sobejana said...

pwede team up kayo ni jeff. jeff likes to establish his own restaurant and he'll be the chef. that's his retirement plan. how is he going to do that? he's gonna study culinary in the future.....

JC Sobejana said...

btw, congratulations leo!!!!

Nonie David Carluen said...

Congratulations to Leo. So you will be attending Leo's graduation as his wife. If I am in your place I will tell the persons sitting around me that my husband is one of the graduates.

Nonie David Carluen said...

I never knew this. You have this in common with your Tita Norrie.

Sunshine Sangalang said...

I love baking more actually. I can still remember my baking adventures. I remember one time when my sisters and I tried making brazo de mercedes. When we were rolling the "brazo", it cracked so all the cream came oozing out. Ok lang. Masarap pa rin naman kahit hindi maganda presentation. Hehe.

There was also a time I recall that we tried making meringue. I remember it was quite delicious. Hehe.

Last Christmas, I tried baking a natilla-filled chocolate cake but I was so out of practice. Though it was delicious, I overcooked the icing. Tsk.

One day I'll try making white bread again. I remembered making this a couple of years before. It was delicious! :)

Norrie Blackeby said...

Congratulations to Leo! Finishing an MBA --or any masters for that matter is a massive task. I agree with you that people should need around five years work experience to embark on a masters degree of their chosen field--or else it will only be too boring or irrelevant to them.
It's good to know that you're honing in your interests in your degree...well who knows we might celebrate our graduation together? I have only a year and half to finish mine and I guess you have only a year for yours! I bet you'll be as proud as punch seeing Leo walk up the stage to get his diploma...I would be!
I am a dedicated foodie, we should compare notes about cooking although you're more into desserts while I am more into mains. Get yourself a good oven and top of the range cookware.

Nonie David Carluen said...

hmmm. if i stick to both of you i will never go hungry.

A. S. Chua said...

congrats to leo! :)

Rene David said...

Congratulations to Leo!!!! Cooking? Wow!!! Can I stay with you forever? hahahahaha