Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Sick, Again

I took half the day off as I was feeling under the weather. Actually, I was already sick as of Monday. It started with a sore throat, became a cold and now accompanied with a bad cough. Fortunately, no fever. However, before I could file for sick leave, my one down sent me a text message saying that he'll be on sick leave as well. Being month end last Monday, somebody needed to supervise the team to ensure that targets are met. Unfortunately, not only was my one-down on leave, the one-down of my one-down was on sick leave as well. Talk about an epidemic.

I thought I could rest on Tuesday, but my one down was still sick. Ok, another day of drudgery. Good thing he returned to work today so I was able to turnover some urgent items and I had the driver pick me up before lunch so I can go home and rest.

Leo bought me some lunch from Cibo and I spent the rest of the afternoon on bed resting. My mother-in-law told me to get some rest as I'm overworking already. I do agree with her though. 2010 is such a long way off (sigh).

6 comments:

Norrie Blackeby said...

Yes, rest will do you good. I had a chuckle with your term "one down"--don't you just call them staff there? What's with 2010? Sounds interesting!

mommy cess said...

^ oo nga, bakit hindi staff, or assistant :) sounds a bit mlm tuloy hehehe!

Sunshine Sangalang said...

well, terminologies can get tricky.
my one-down is actually a manager. if i say, "my manager", it sort of has a different connotation.
for ease of understanding (even my boss), calls us his one-downs. :)

mommy cess said...

ahhh.. ok....

kung ka-level mo, one-left, one-right? :D just kidding!!!

Sunshine Sangalang said...

2010? it will be my 10th year with the bank.

Rene David said...

Easy on your work load Shine... your health is more important than anything else right now...Take extra care...