Monday, May 15, 2017

Vaccines Galore

When having a newborn, the mind-boggling medical expenses does not stop at birth. It continues on until the first twelve months of life of the infant.

Though some mothers think otherwise, we prefer to have our baby vaccinated.

At birth, he was given BCG and HepaB. Cost was included in the hospital bill so I'm not particularly sure how much it was.




















On his sixth week, we returned to his pedia to have his first immunization shot post birth. He was given a 6 in 1 shot consisting of DPT, Polio, Hib, Pertussis, Tetanus and second shot of Hepa B. Brand was Hexaxim. Cost was around P6,500 (can't find the receipt).
 
At two months and two weeks, we went back today for another vaccine shot which is pneumococcal. Brand was Prevenar 13. Cost was P5,500.

I'm dreading the vaccine next month as it's a 5 in 1 and an oral rotavirus. I already inquired and the cost of both vaccines is a whopping P8,000 (P4,500 + P3,500).

On a happy note, my son has gained 2.64 pounds since his last check-up. He has also grown more than 5cm which I could actually confirm as he's already the size of my breastfeeding pillow when previously, he was just so tiny against the pillow. His head circumference also grew by 3cm. All in all, my baby is growing just fine.

Probably the only complaint that we have, which is pretty minor compared to the other stories that I've been seeing on my mommy group, is his cradle cap and rashes.


For the cradle cap, we used the Mustela shampoo mousse which really helped. Good thing there's a stall at Alabang Town Center and I bought a bottle for P450. The Gentle Cleansing Gel I actually got as a baby shower present and I used that for his rashes.

No comments: