Saturday, May 13, 2017

When Something Bad Happens

Being 41 years old, I could say that I've seen and experienced my share of trials and hardships. Going through post partum depression is one of them.

Times like these, I revisit and remind myself of old sayings and quotes that helped me get through previous ordeals:

- This too shall pass
- When you're down, there's no way but up
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
- There's a light at the end of the tunnel

My writer's heart flinches at the cliches but they do serve their purpose.

Nights are bad for me as it's when I feel that everything is closing in around me that I can't almost breathe. Somehow, it gets worse when I'm just at home the whole day. I guess that's why I'm raring to return to work to give me a different environment.

During last night's feeding, I browsed through my Facebook feed and saw this. It was so apt that I can't help but share it here.




It made me reflect on God's plan for me. Hardships happen because there's a reason for it. It's difficult to see it now but when it unfolds, there is actually something good that will come out of it. It also reminded me of this quote from Friedrich Nietzsche. 

"That what does not kill us, makes us stronger."

Every trial toughens us up and prepares us for something bigger and better. We just have to cling to His grace that He will not give us anything that we cannot handle. 

As what we say in the vernacular: Kapit lang. Tiwala lang. 
(Hold on. Just believe).

Hugs to all who needs it. We can do this.

No comments: