Saturday, January 20, 2007

Beware of Smokers

Everyday going work, I have to wade through groups of smokers near the bus stop where I get off. These are the smoke-belching call-center people who are either taking a break or getting ready to go home. I respect their right to smoke, but I just don't like the fact that they form clusters along the sidewalk and provide some sort of barricade for people who are scurrying to get to their offices on time. Plus, I don't like the fact that the smoke sticks to my hair and clothes.

On an interesting sidenote, I have an officemate who used to work for one of the big cigarette manufacturers. He said that their marketing strategy is to promote responsible smoking--meaning their target market are people in their 20's and above because these are people who are (supposedly) able to decide for themselves already. Anyway, I hope they include in their marketing plan, teaching people where and how to smoke without annoying non-smokers.

1 comment:

Blair Bitch said...

ouch!!!! guilty =(