Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Our (Mis)Adventurous Weekend

Last weekend was probably the most weirdest weekend I ever had.

Saturday was okay, it was Sunday that really weirded me out.

Leo and I left Paranaque after lunch to go to Quezon City for my nephew's first birthday party. At the corner of Araneta Avenue and Quezon Avenue, we got into a fender bender. Our stoplight was go but since there were no policemen/traffic aides around, the cars going south were turning left going to Quezon Avenue. It was no surprise that we got hit. The driver admitted his mistake (it's a no-left turn intersection darnit!!!) and asked that we go to their nearby office (St. Peter Funeral Homes) so that we can talk to their manager and settle the issue. Leo and I agreed as we really did not want the hassle of going to the police station to get a police report.

Upon getting to the funeral home, I walked around and was surprised when I saw the name of the father of a former officemate interred in one of the chapels there. Well, I was not surprised that he passed away as a former officemate also texted me about it (he was ambushed last Friday). It was just a big coincidence that the driver who hit us works for the same funeral parlor where he was interred. So I went up to the chapel and stopped for awhile to condole with my former officemate.

Leo and I left a few minutes after and we arrived at the house of my brother-in-law in one piece sometime after 4pm. However, after probably half an hour, my sister asked us to bring our sister-in-law to the hospital as she needs someone to look at her eye. My niece managed to poke her mom in the eye with her party hat. She could not open her eye and her vision was blurred. So Leo and I brought her to a nearby clinic but they refused to see her as they did not have an in-house opthalmologist. They directed us to Capitol Medical Center. We went back to the house, got directions and proceeded to the hospital.

We eventually found our way to the hospital and had my sister-in-law treated. As Leo and I were running on a tight schedule (we still had to go to Magallanes to visit Leo's ninang who just arrived from the US), we just dropped off my sister-in-law back at the house and proceeded to Makati. At that time, it was already almost 6pm.

We decided to take Araneta Avenue back to Makati instead of EDSA. Bad call though as there was a portion of Araneta Avenue that was closed due to the Sto. Nino processions (it was the feast of the Sto. Nino). Leo had to take a detour and we wound up getting lost. Fortunately, we were able to find our way out of the maze of sidestreets and got out at Sta. Mesa. We eventually found our way to Magallanes.

We just breathed a sigh of relief when we got home. It was really one weird day. At least there were good things that came out of it.

1 comment:

cess said...

tsk, you two must be exhausted. binabasa ko lang napapagod na ako para sa inyo e :)