Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wedding Preps Updates

My ticker says that my wedding is 7 months and 1 day away. In a month, it will be six months away and so on and so forth. I'm not yet panicking but there are still a lot of things that needs to be done.

I interviewed a possible wedding OTD cooordinator last week. It was a very fruitful meeting and I'm very much decided into getting her services. However, I have yet to convince my mother in law. She liked the coordinator that we saw at the wedding we attended a couple of weeks ago but I like this one better.

Also, my mother in law and I settled on the type of cloth/color for the dress of the ninangs. Apparently, the two other ninangs in Leo's side (his aunts--the sisters of his mom) wanted to use a leftover cloth which is also a shade of blue. Since I do not want the ninangs to wear different colors, I have to go to Divisoria or a tela store to find that type of color/cloth. I can't describe the color. I'll take a picture of it and post it somewhere so that the ninangs from abroad can see the color.

I also decided on my wedding march. I was listening to my mp3s when I came across this Filipino song sung by the Philippine Madrigal Singers. I knew then that that is the song (with that rendition. Not by a solosit but by a choir!) that I want for my bridal march. As hiring the Madrigal Singers is out of the question (the cost in hiring them is equivalent to the cost of 10 of my entourage's gown--including mine; my photographer/videographer and the church!), I scouted for one who sounds like them although cheaper. I contacted my old choir master and asked if he could recommend me to a good acapella group--one who sounds like the Madz. He referred me to Musicapella--a choir that regularly sings at Sanctuario de San Antonio and with the choir master being a former member of the Madz. I called him and we set up a time to meet at the end of February. I already told him about the specific song I wanted and he will teach it to his choir. By the end of Feb, they should have learned it already and I could listen to them. And best of all, their fee is half the cost of our church! Heee!

Measurements for my gown and my entourage will start by Feb. 17. The entourage from the groom's side will go first and my side will be on Mar. 10. I'll be measured during the second batch. Cecilio Abad (that's my couturier) wants to have me measured as early as possible. I've been hedging as I want to lose more weight before he wraps his tape measure around me.

My mother in law also had my engagement ring redone (ano ba sa english ng engaste?). It's more beautiful now. From the tiffany setting (with 6 prongs), she added12 more stones (at lower karats of course) and raised the setting of the main rings (para litaw raw). It's more beautiful now and Leo and I are thinking of insuring it. I've grown paranoid about it and it's definitely not something for daily wear.

There are still a million things to do for my wedding preps. With the six month mark nearing, panic will soon start in. For the six month mark, my goal is to get our wedding requirements--birth certificates, license etc.) After that, meeting with our AE at Palm's to discuss the food and lay-out etc. And I still haven't decided on our give-aways yet oh and worst of all, my entourage is still not yet complete!!! (breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out).

3 comments:

Rene David said...

just relax baby... everything will be fine. Just take it one at a time.

JC Sobejana said...

its seems that you have a lot of things to do....everything will be done in no time....just trust in HIM!

Joelle Horca said...

My wedding mantra... so long as you have a priest and 2 witnesses, you're set. Everything else is just gravy. =)